Weekend of June 21st – Map below
EVERY DAY IS GAY PRIDEIN NEW YORK
NYC Event Map, Food With Benefits; These companies are donating a portion of their proceeds to support the community
Hot! …. and off the Press
$7 Admission to the Museum of Sex – info here
LET THEM EAT CAKE! Bouchon Bakery‘s Rainbow Cake is available this month, with a portion of proceeds going to Hetrick-Martin Institute which supports LGBTQ youth. Bouchon is one of the finest bakeries in NYC, and the cake has an rainbow almond sponge, alternating layers of apricot and raspberry jam and topped with a dark chocolate glaze
SALAD Just Salad‘s Just Proud Salad donates $1 local LGBTQ organizations in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Gainesville.
PRIDE PUDDING (their famous banana pudding with a twist!) Magnolia Bakery’s 10% of the profits from sales made June 17-30 going to the Trevor Project, an organization dedicated to helping queer youth.
ICE CREAM! “Baby I Was Churned This Way” the flavor of the month at Ample Hills Creamery available throughout the month of June. $1 of every pint sold will be donated to The Center, New York City’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community center. LINK
Rainbow Dumplings at Megu Dream Hotel’s Japanese restaurant is serving these through June. There’s a June 20 workshop where you’ll learn how to make your own. Some proceeds from the workshop will be donated to The Center. LINK
Here are the MAJOR events going on for June 16th to June 22nd – Enjoy!
(Can’t come to New York? Stonewall has provided an online virtual memorial.)
- Jun-18 a Reminiscence Sing @7pm – Celebrating Walt Whitman‘s 200th – at the Marc A. Scorca Hall National Opera center. LINK
- Jun-19 Slayfest @6pm -8:30pm Queer Visual Emerson, featuring a discussion and screening . SLAYFEST is an inclusive annual arts and culture festival to promote awareness, foster dialogue, build community, and bring visibility to artists and their work. 837 Washington Street, New York NY 10014 LINK
- Jun-19 LGBTQ & Friends: We Contain Multitudes @7pm Morgan Library “In “Song of Myself,” Walt Whitman rejected conventions of uniform identity, famously declaring, “I contain multitudes.” Our second-annual LGBTQ & Friends party takes inspiration from this queer icon to celebrate the multiplicity of individuality and the true diversity of the LGBTQ+ community.” LINK
- Jun 19 @7pm– 8:30 pm Calamus at Sea: A Celebration of Poetry and Pride on the Deck of the Mary A. Whalen Red Hook Library LINK
- Jun 19 Queer in the City: A Celebration of Stonewall 50 and World Pride! 7-9pm Nowhere Bar 322 E 14th Street LINK
- Jun 20 @7pm Whitman in Music and Words Morgan Library 225 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10016 Matthew Aucoin with Ben Lerner LINK
- Jun 21 Gaming with Pride @6pm-9pm Samsung 837 837 Washington Street, New York NY 10014 “Join us at Samsung 837 for Gaming with Pride, a special Galaxy Gaming Session in honor of Pride Month. We’re partnering with NYC Gaymers, a member-led community of LGBTQIA+ gamers that works to uplift marginalized voices within their community and maintain a safe space full of diversity and passion that is reflective of both New York City and gaming cultures.” LINK
- Jun 21 MetFridays—Pride @5pm-9pm at the Metropolitan Museum of Art “Celebrate Pride with an evening of gallery talks, panel discussions, art-making activities, and dancing at one of New York’s most vibrant cultural institutions. Free with Museum Admission” LINK
- Jun 21 Kweendom Free 7–10 PM Pete’s Candy Store 709 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY queer comedians and performers for songs, sketches and stories. LINK
- Jun 22 #withGalaxy Photo Session @2pm – 4pm Samsung 837 837 Washington Street, New York NY 10014 Pride Month #withGalaxy Photo Session at The Phluid Project (@thephluidproject). LINK
- June 22 COSPLAY AND PRIDE – 21 and Over @6pm Pier 40 (Pier 40)353 West Street, New York, NY 10014 LINK
Back to top of Events
- June 23 @11am Pride Luminaries Brunch Magic Hour Rooftop Bar and Lounge (Moxy Times Square) 485 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10018 National LGBT Chamber of Commerce, and New Orleans Tourism celebrates business leaders that have made an impact on LGBTQIA+ equality LINK
- June 25 Game Changers @6pm The SVA Theatre 333 West 23rd Street, New York, NY 10011 Spotlight on LGBTQIA+ leaders and how they have ultimately changed the game in the entertainment industry. LINK
- June 26 Walt Whitman’s World @6:30 pm at the Morgan Library Explore the influences of nineteenth-century America on Walt Whitman’s writing, from slavery to Civil War to everyday life in NYC Madison Avenue New York, NY 10016 LINK
- June 28 PRIDE SOUP! Queer on the Pier | WorldPride NYC 2019 @9mWatermark Bar 78 South Street New York, NY 10038 LINK
- Jun 28 LadyLand Festival @5pm The Brooklyn Mirage 140 Stewart Avenue, 11237 outdoor queer music concert with DJs, live music, dancing LINK
- June 28 15th Annual Trans Day of Action 4pm-6pm Washington Square Park, Washington Square E, New York, NY 10003 Join TransJustice in uplifting our New York City Communities of Color as we champion policy goals for advancing housing equity for Trans and Gender Non-Conforming in New York City. LINK
- Jun 28 World Pride Shabbat 6-10pm Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan 334 Amsterdam Ave New York, NY 10023 LINK
- June 29 Teaze 5pm The DL 95 Delancey St, New York, NY 10002 an “inclusive LGBTQIA+ party celebrating our diverse community. All proceeds from Teaze benefit NYC Pride’s other free events such as the March, PrideFest, Family Movie Night, Youth Pride and more! Additionally, proceeds from Teaze go to benefit other local LGBTQIA+ community organizations. LINK
- June 29 27th Annual Dyke March @5pm at Bryant Park “The New York City Dyke March is a protest march, not a parade. Any person who identifies as a dyke is welcome to march regardless of gender expression or identity, sex assigned at birth, sexual orientation, race, age, political affiliation, religious identity, ability, class, or immigration status.” 42nd St and 5th Ave at 5pm sharp march to Washington Park LINK
- June 30 Femme Fatale @4pm The Park 118 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10011 Let’s hear it for the girls! Femme Fatale is NYC Pride’s official Sunday event for women. This is a rooftop party where you’ll meet over 1,000 women from all over the country! LINK
- June 30 Closing Ceremony 7-10pm Times Square W Broadway and 47th St , New York, NY 10036 final celebration of pride from – PACKED with stars – and of course, YOU!
Sheridan Park across the street from Stonewall Photo Credit Meredith Kurz~ If you want to share post pix – do! If you want me to put them in an article, give me the photo cred info, okay? If there’s something missing, tell me and give me the URL.