Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is enjoying a wild ride after transferring to Italian soccer club Juventus in 2018 following a remarkable nine-year career at Spain’s Real Madrid.
While his critics mock Cristiano for being a pretty boy, the Portuguese stud has a reputation for being the hardest-working guy on the pitch who never misses a workout and stays in top shape with a healthy, high-protein diet.
Because of his competitiveness and dedication to fitness, it’s no surprise that Ronaldo has rippling six-pack abs and is in peak physical condition.
Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Playing Soccer Since Age 3
Cristiano, who has been playing soccer since age 3, is a study in extreme physical fitness. The 6-foot-1 Ronaldo, who weighs 184 pounds, revealed his diet and exercise tips in a since-deleted blog post on his CR7 Underwear website.
It’s essentially the same routine he has followed for the past 15 years:
1. Learn to train your mind as well as your body. Mental strength is just as important as physical strength and will help you achieve your goals.
2. Proper sleep is really important for getting the most out of training. I go to bed early and get up early, especially before matches. Sleep helps muscles recover which is really important.
3. Mix it up. I recommend a combination of cardio (running and rowing) and weight training to ensure that workouts target all areas of the body and increase both strength and stamina. It also helps to keep it interesting.
4. High intensity is important to get your blood pumping and to increase stamina. We do a lot of sprinting drills in training and they can be incorporated into your workout whether you are in the gym or outdoors. Try and add it to every workout you do.
5. Cardio sessions are also key for building up endurance and stamina, and to stay trim. Try to do periods of around 30 minutes, increasing the number of sessions as you get stronger.
6. A good workout must be combined with a good diet. I eat a high-protein diet, with lots of whole grain carbs, fruit and vegetables and avoid sugary foods.
7. Make sure you stay hydrated. Drinking water is so important. I also avoid alcohol.
8. Fit in exercise wherever you can. You can do an abs workout in your bedroom when you wake up in the morning or before you go to bed. If you get into a routine then it makes it easier as it will become a habit.
9. Relax. Training and physical sessions are most important, but living a relaxed lifestyle helps you to be the best you can be, physically and mentally. I spend my free time with family and friends, which keeps me relaxed and in a positive mind-set.
CR7: ‘My Ambition Is Huge’
Despite his success, Cristiano Ronaldo still has a burning hunger to improve and has no intention of resting on his laurels. “I want to get better and better,” the 34-year-old told reporters. “My ambition is huge.”