On Thursday (March 5) disgraced R&B star R. Kelly (pictured) entered another not guilty plea in a newly revised federal indictment.
According to the Associated Press, Kelly, 53, stood quietly in court as his attorney entered his plea before a federal judge in Chicago, Illinois. The updated indictment Kelly pleaded not guilty to includes new allegations, including child porn production and a new accuser’s sexual assault claims.
But federal prosecutors are not through with Kelly yet.
Over the course of the next several weeks, the U.S. government will be filing even more new charges against Kelly. During Thursday’s hearing, federal prosecutor Angel Krull said she has incriminating evidence against Kelly from yet another accuser.
Krull also said that federal agents have seized an additional 100 electronic devices, including hard drives, in regard to this case.
Kelly was previously scheduled to start his trial on April 27. However, U.S. District Judge Harry Leinenweber has rescheduled the jailed musician’s trial for October 13. Kelly still has a case hanging over his head in Illinois state court as well.
In the state and federal courts combined, Kelly has been slammed with dozens of criminal charges in Illinois, Minnesota and New York. He is looking at the possibility of serving the rest of his natural life behind bars. Nonetheless, the former singing mogul continues to deny everything.
Kelly remains jailed at a federal correctional facility in Chicago without a bond.